A simple and healthy granola that smells delicious as it bakes-- great for breakfast, mixed into yogurt, as an ice cream topping or just a terrific high energy snack!
Makes approximately 32 cups or 8-10 pounds (Fills 10 large mason jars).
- 8-10 cups of whole oats (1 canister)
- 4 cups cashews whole and/or pieces or a combination of both
- 4 cups sliced almonds
- 2 cups sunflower seeds
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 Tbsp Allspice
- 4 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup packed Splenda Brown Sugar *
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup honey, agave or maple syrup
- 3 cups chopped dates
- 3 cups raisins
- 3 cups dried cranberries
*Can be substituted with a second cup of agave, honey or maple syrup. Although many do not want the chemicals, Splenda Brown Sugar is an excellent sweetener. It helps keep the carbs down and adheres to the nuts and dried fruit very well. Brown sugar is not recommended as it tends to fall off.
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a very large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, seeds, coconut, spices, and Splenda Brown Sugar. Stir with large spoon to mix and distribute all ingredients evenly.
- In a large glass bowl or measuring cup, melt together the butter and honey, agave or maple syrup. Stir this combination until well blended. Pour over dry mix and stir very well making sure to coat all of the ingredients.
- Spread in two 14”x18”x3” or four 9”x13”x3” pans. Place evenly on racks in oven for 40 minutes stirring well every 10 minutes. If you have a convection feature, use it to toast but watch carefully for burning. If so, you can cut down on the baking time as well. Granola should be golden brown.
- While the granola is toasting in the oven, in the same bowl combine the 3 dried fruits and stir to blend.
- After baking the first 40 minutes, remove pans from oven and evenly distribute dried fruit mixtureacross all pans. Stir in.
- Return to oven and bake for 20 more minutes stirring two more times.
- Allow to cool and place in air tight containers.
- Dig in and enjoy! Don't be surprised if you can't stop snacking on it! It's sinfully delicious and so good for you too! xo :)